Whether you want to improve your profitability, regenerate and improve your land or produce great healthy livestock with less inputs, these workshops will give you the practical tools to get you started.
Join us just outside Lismore for the Business of Regenerative Farming Workshops supported by the North Coast Local Land Services in conjunction with Women on the Land project. -- EVERYONE IS WELCOME
This two day workshop will provide you an introduction to Regenerative Farming and Holistic Management. These are practical and easy to follow days that will give you a set of tools and actions to apply to your farming operation.
Date: Tuesday 9th March and Wednesday 10th March 2021
Location: Fernside NSW 2480
Day One - Introduction to Regenerative Holistic Planned Grazing
This introductory grazing workshop will take you through the why and how of regenerative holistic planned grazing, and work to create your first grazing plan.
Day Two - Regenerative Farm Business Financial Management
This introduction workshop is aimed at getting you started on a process of improvement of your financial literacy and working to improve the performance and management of your farm business. And create a consistent Profit!
Come and work with Glen Chapman of Southern Blue Regenerative and Helen Lewis from the Decision Design Hub and have a great couple of days working on your farm business. We will have fun and get into practical take homes to get you started.
For Women in the Tweed / Richmond River Regions and associated local government areas ( Lismore-Kyogle- Murwillumbah) - you can get a 50% discount to attend - Contact North Coast LLS for details on registering for the discount.
We will cover the impacts we can have to improve our land, produce great livestock, and improve profit. Regenerative Holistic Planned Grazing is not just for large scale grazing operations but is for anyone who grazes animals and wishes to improve plant growth and soil health using techniques and approach originally pioneered by Allan Savory.
The workshop will cover the following:
- Unpack the Regenerative Farm Management Toolbox and use them in the best way to improve the results on your farm,
- How to use the tool of grazing to improve your soils function
that underpin our production systems,
- How we manage within a complex environment and life,
- Understand the principles of regenerative grazing management,
- How to do practical feed budgeting, create a basic grazing plan and monitoring it.
- The Value of Holistic decision making and how it relates to Regenerative Holistic Planned Grazing,
The workshop will cover the following:
- Get a handle on the financial performance of your business - What is your current business position: Profit, costs, and equity?
- Learn about accounting that focuses on management and how to use it to monitor your performance.
- Use a simple planning method to ensure you make a profit – plan profit first!
- What your profit drivers are, so you can improve your business results and make an improvement action plan.
- Identify where to spend your Time, Energy & Money - and how much, to keep the momentum in your business.
- Leave with the steps to create your regenerative business model for your farm.
Your trainer and facilitator for the day are:
Helen Lewis - Founder Decision Design Hub. Helen is an accredited Professional Educator in Holistic Management with the Savory Institute. Since 2003, Helen has been training Organisations, groups and families in Holistic Decision Making, Holistic Profit Planning and Holistic Planned Grazing. Helen, her husband and their 2 children live on Picots Farm, west of Warwick, implementing holistic grazing with their growing Brangus herd. Helen has a wealth of experience in training groups in Holistic Management, and has a passion for Holistic values based decision making, helping people to have clarity, confidence and a sense of calm with every decision. The Holistic Management process enables people to solve the root causes of problems, be true to their values and consider the people in their life, the environment (on which we depend for a living and life) and our longer term prosperity with every decision